1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Movies Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'TV, Movies & Sports' started by Zealot, May 30, 2017.

1. Mirage Rєвιятн & Hσρє

Trophy Points
    Keno
    876ლ
    Her hair isn't even dark, she has literally no muscle, has no chest, and is a terrible actress. :kanye

2. Glowbeary Tentacle Taco +.+

Trophy Points
    Keno
    14,542ლ
    I disagree on that while say batman vs superman was pretty good it didn't really fit in so much in comic verse (particularly with new 52 and even the 52 reboot reboot thing which just confuses me) and all of suicide squad was a pretty crap portrayal of those characters. They just cant bring the comics to life like marvel can

3. Zealot Loud Facer

Trophy Points
    Keno
    33,067ლ
    I respect your opinion

Tbh MOS superman is like 52 superman before he figured out what he wanted to do but the batman was way off I guess they tried to potray him as being older and having been the batman for multiple years prior.(i liked affleck tho) SS the plot was just bad for those characters. Putting a basically non powered group vs a world ending threat. They shoulda just been doing ops missions like in the comic.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Glowbeary likes this.
  4. Glowbeary Tentacle Taco +.+

Trophy Points
    Keno
    14,542ლ
    I agree with this!!! I wish they had stuck true to the original material more.

5. Goetia

Goetia Godly Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,810,215ლ
    What the cinematic universe is doing is no different than what any other spin-off series would try and do; introduce variation and diversity. The Dark Knight Returns, which is where Zack Snyder drew inspiration for Ben Affleck's Batman, had no objections to wielding firearms. He brutalised criminals, in the same way Ben Affleck's Batman did. However, we see actual development of these characters into the ones we know and love from the comic books. Just as Superman, in Man of Steel, was akin to the inexperienced and more emotionally vulnerable Clark Kent of the New 52, he will become the optimistic, shining character that makes him the definitive superhero of comic book culture. You even see how Superman's transition into the "real" Superman during Batman v Superman occurs.

I think a lot more people would have enjoyed Batman v Superman had they just put the effort into thinking about what was being presented, instead of just taking everything at face value and ridiculing it for qualities that were genuinely thought out and written into the movie on purpose, not as an afterthought. The Dark Knight trilogy would not be nearly half what it is if not for its incredible standard of writing. And rightfully so, those 3 movies are amongst the best of the superhero genre, and arguably, across any genre.

[​IMG]

Looks like muscle to me.

Having seen the movie this afternoon, they have shown her to be compassionate and gentle, whilst also being strong and resilient. And that is what makes the character. She's ticked all the right boxes in my eyes.

Zealot likes this.
  6. Glowbeary Tentacle Taco +.+

Trophy Points
    Keno
    14,542ლ
    Thats truth but personally as someone who enjoys dc comics but not necessarily the movies i dont want them to venture too far yet

Like i said i enjoyed batman vs superman but it did have it's faults particularly where it seemed like they were trying too hard and trying to break free of canon verse which sure it's a comic - movie but still!!!

7. Goetia

Goetia Godly Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,810,215ლ
    I agree in that the movie had faults, and that straying from the canon material does lead to divided opinions. I'm personally fine with the changes and variations made in the characters, but I respect that you want something closer to the comic books. Hopefully, we'll get it in November with Justice League!

Glowbeary likes this.
  8. Mirage Rєвιятн & Hσρє

Trophy Points
    Keno
    876ლ
    She's not sexy enough though. [​IMG] She just doesn't have that WW vibe.

Goetia likes this.
  9. Goetia

Goetia Godly Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,810,215ლ
    Lmao aight.

Zealot likes this.
  10. Glowbeary Tentacle Taco +.+

Trophy Points
    Keno
    14,542ლ
    Well it's not that i don't enjoy the changes but i mean theres a fine line for me.

Oooh yeah i hope so!

11. Glowbeary Tentacle Taco +.+

Trophy Points
    Keno
    14,542ლ
    To me she looks really close to wonder woman - she's not just about being sexy

12. Mirage Rєвιятн & Hσρє

Trophy Points
    Keno
    876ლ
    Can't see.

13. Glowbeary Tentacle Taco +.+

Trophy Points
    Keno
    14,542ლ
    The reference material
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Live action movie
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

There's a lot of similarities +.+ and besides appearance isnt the only factor in a good portrayal

14. Mirage Rєвιятн & Hσρє

Trophy Points
    Keno
    876ლ
    She doesn't look like WW just because she's wearing the same attire. Physically and facially, she doesn't look like WW at all.

She's not an amazing actress either. :kanye

15. Zealot Loud Facer

Trophy Points
    Keno
    33,067ლ
    Update
    Movie is certified fresh now but the score can go up or down or little bit as we get to opening weekend.

[​IMG]

Atm the highest CBM's are Iron Man & The Dark Knight at 94% so this is pretty good.