1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Joe's first The Last of Us 2 playthrough (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by JoeJoe, Jun 19, 2020.

1. JoeJoe

JoeJoe from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,413ლ
    Continued playing...encountered WFL and it's like the game heard my prayers and blessed me with ammo. Here I am packed going all out on them enemies. Gotta say it's a nice change going from stealth to full gun to gun fight.

Anyways...Dina made up a great point, why didn't Abby and the other guys kill Ellie and Tommy while they had the chance? Not once, but twice they didn't kill Ellie. Weird stuff. Will continue playing later.

Again, can't stress enough how gameplay is so good. Everything about it is just perfect.

2. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,413ლ
    Ok continued for like an hour and a halfish...Ieft the building from the last load and advanced further since I need to find a way to the TV station. On the way there I came across some dead bodies and Tommy's dead horse which is a bad sign :/ anyways...finally found a way to the TV station, I went in aaaaaand...no one is in there but the game keeps giving me ammo and ammo and ammo...items all over the place >_> welp something bad is coming isn't it :D while looting I found dead Leah who I was searching all along. While in that room where I found her dead, I found some pictures of Abby and shiz. Welp 3 guys from their...gang? Ok, I call it gang, are dead.

One funny thing, when exploring the TV station, I am crouching and being as careful as possible while Dina is running around without care in her mind and opening doors and entering rooms at will LMAO, that probably should have been a sign that no one was inside the building in the first place :DD That game design is kinda odd but whatever I guess xDxDxDxD

Great let's go out!! WLF's are coming, what a surprise right? After all this ammo hehe. Game gave me a chance for stealth kills...mission failed, full gun fight. I take them out and I try to leave that building...reinforcements are coming and at this point, the only way to leave, was to run...at least that's what I think the game is trying to tell me. Dead route what do I do? Lock myself in some room and go straight down in the tunnels. I came across some spores and at this point I got a bruh moment. WLF is up my ass and now I'll probably need to kill infected as well.

Ofc WLF found where I am but infected are there as well, I had a briliant idea of making them two fight between eachother while I hide and wait untill everything calms down. I do just that and proceed forward.

One funny thought I had, I was thinking in TLOU 1 after some time, you get intoduced to some new infected monsters. It's like the game is reading my mind or I'm just too good at reading the flow of the game.

USER: S H A M B L I N G
    POWER: E X P L O D I N G S P O R E S

Lord help me. It's a big one, I'm stuck with TWO of them and few little normal infected. First time I died since I tried to stealth kill them, which you CAN'T btw. REDO. I'll plant some bombs, that sounds like a plan. I set the bomb, the shambling steps on it...BOOOM!! great right? NO. Every infected is alerted and is rushing to the explosion, ofc they find me but every was fiiiineeee, had some spare shotgun bullets. Get fucked infected, I win, bye-bye.

I stopped playing here.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  3. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,413ლ
    Ok so, mission "leave from the TV station" was succesful. While doing so, we were attacked by some infecred, Ellie's mask broke and Dina started panicking (she thought Ellie was joking the first time she said it).

We fleed and then we entered the cinema to rest. Cutscene starts and Dina is like:"I'm pregnant"...WHAT? you are what? I love how Ellie's reaction was same as mine xD she went:"WHAT?" Ohh wow....

Why do I have a feeling Dina dies here after I seperated to check if the area is clear? Anyways...I came across some locked doors so I need to find the key. I explored and went upstairs and found a not working radio. I need to turn up electricity. I do just that and the radio is not working, luckily Ellie smacked it a few times and found the key of the door under it. I went down, opened the door and found a guitar. Ellie started playing and singing and little do I know, I'm playing in a flashback.

Joel is surprising Ellie with something? Is it a Dinosaur? No? Of course it is. We are in a museum. *Ellie puts a hat on a dinosar* "Hatosaur!!" Really Ellie? xDxDxDxDxD oooh it's Ellie's birthday, aaah so sweet of Joel :harunosmile Ellie even went to space, man my heart is melting :( also what a nice throwback Ellie seeing a raft and asking Joel to give her a ride around ;_;

Ahhhh....spliting up again, I didn't think I'll fight in the flashback. BRUUUUH ,**** THAT WOLF STATUE MAN, SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME. *looks at wolfs* "Stupid fake animals" LMAO HERE I COME WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF A BOAR SCARED ME LOL IT'S A REAL BOAR LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well there was no fighting in flashback afterall. Flashback ended and here I stopped playing.

I love how cheerful and funny Ellie was before :( I miss the relationship between Ellie and Joel :'(

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  4. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,413ლ
    Continued playing, time to leave cinema but...Dina is staying there. She is absolutely shambolic. Time to go alone to Hillcrest since apparently Tommy is there. I go there and I need to kill some people from WLF. Now they have bloody dogs which can smell you, bloody hell that gave me trouble. So here I was killing dogs first since if you don't, you must be consistently moving which is hard when there are many enemies. So I molotov some dogs, burn them to death and then stealth kill the rest of the group.

I proceed forward and I got ambushed by some dodgy infected who has a bow. I found it weird how I found arrows before a bow so I panicked dafuq? How did I miss such an important weapon? I didn't, it was a foreshadow. Ok so I got ambushed and I had no melee weapon so ofc I can't win a melee fight with just a stupid knife which does 0 dmg. Did I say how this mofo infected dodges every melee attack? I take out my shotgun, you won't dodge that you bastard. Bow is mine and at this point I think I won the game. The best weapon is in my possesion. It's silent, you can retake ammo and if you waste some ammo, you can create some. Absolutely GOAT weapon. Can't wait to play with it more tomorrow. Apparently Tommy is close as well since I heard some explosions, reunion soon? YES PLESE!

5. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,413ლ
    Ok I proceed forward and encounter some more WLF guys...I killed them but kinda had hard time since I had no arrows anymore..turns out the guy who was making trouble there was non other than...bloody Jessie...bruh...

Anyways we go back to Dina and thankfully she's alright. Dina takes care of Jessie and idk what's with Ellie, is she jealous or is it just me? I got a cut and I'm again playing in flashback again but this time with Tommy. He taught me some shooting with a sniper which I struggled with btw. I needed to shoot at some infected from a far way out and you need to aim higher so the bullet drops, I already found that hard to do just to realize I need to do THAT while the infected are MOVING. Took a fair share of time there.

I finally did it and we return to Joel. Tommy proposed to get some new strings for the guitar. Ellie and Joel want to go to the music studio or shop or whatever that is but it's blocked. Only way to go there is through some old hotel...nothing surprising that the infected are in there. We also encountered a Bloater which just wouldn't die to my bullets. I love how the game created that sense of safety when playing alonside Joel. We kill the Bloater and on our way out we found a dead couple who were missing for a while. We found them dead and Ellie finds a letter. They were bitten and I think this was a good time for Ellie to question the immunity and what if the couple were immune, if only? Which she did. She questioned Joel once again why did he took her away from the fireflies in the first part. I thought Joel will tell her that they are going to kill her, but for some reason he is still hiding that. I guess this was the point where Ellie's relationship with Joel suffered since she started question things. flashback ends. Dina found a lead to some girl from Abby's gang, apparently she's in a hospital. Ellie want's to go there ASAP and isn't willing to wait for Jessie who fell asleep. I stopped playing there.

Ok so far it's interesting, I just don't know what are the motives of Abby's gang, what are they doing and why? Hopefully I find Tommy soon.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  6. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,413ლ
    Okay I played a bit and so far it was a calm run, not many enemy enocounters but the one stupid jumpscare/ambush I had while upgrading my weapons.

Anyways I'm writing this as I play and dude I'm legit pissing my pants atm. Stalkers are the worst. You don't hear them and they are moving like in horror movies. I am legit scared to continue playing now, I'm on the menu/pause screen for like 10 mins now... TIME TO MAN UP!! I'm clenching my teeth as I go through the rooms waiting for a jumpscare to happen to end me completely, idk when was the last time I was pissing my pants like this bruhhhhhhhhhhh. soigbaočgiubasgns GOD HELP ME MAN I CAN'T PLAY THIS DUDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK I KILLED THEM ALL...I THINK...THIS IS SO SCARY MAN. THEY PEEK AND AS SOON AS I AIM THEY HIDE, I'M HAVING ANXIETY 0a8shfga0gipahgas I'M HAVING MY FINGER ON THAT DODGE BUTTON LIKE A COWBOY, FASTEST FINGER IN THE WEST BRUHHH

OMG another building, I hear a clicker but fuk me if there are any stalkers in there. OMG they gave me shotgun ammo this is not good...a0sighnašgpigangpai **** MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MORE STALKERS I CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE. THIS IS TOO FAR. **** ME MANNNN I GOT AMBUSHED AGAIN NAUGHTY DOG WHY ARE YOU DOING THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS STALKER BOOPED ME IN THE RIVER I THINK I'M AWAY NOW? I'M IN THE SEWERS NOW AND I HEAR A GROWLING SOUND. IDK IF IT'S THE WIND OR SOME BULLSHIT AGAIN. I'LL CONTINUE TOMORROW I CAN'T PLAY THIS.

PS.

[​IMG]

I experienced a stupid bug while playing, that wouldn't be a problem if I could reload the game midplaying but this game has such a stupid save system that even if I save at this very point, it would load me back to the beginning of the area since nothing plot wise or area wise happened, so if you save midplaying and you didn't experience a plot advance, area advance or no cutscene don't even bother saving or loading. I was playing like this untill something happened in the game...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Gobb likes this.
  7. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,922ლ
    LMAO, I'm dead.

JoeJoe likes this.
  8. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,413ლ
    I took a day off from playing, I continued today.

As I said I was bopped into the sewers but luckily I just climbed a ladder and left the sewers. I advanced further and I am now in the forrest? Kinda. Big grass and I am expecting some enemies, hopefully no infected.

I hear some whistling I guess WLF is here. BRUHHHHHHH AN ARROW TO THE SHOULDER, OK THEY FIGHT WITH ARROWS? SAY NO MORE. Them idiots are whistling all the time so I know exactly where they are. So far a calm run, I sneak behind them and just stealth kill them all. I am moving closer to the hospital. I jump in some water and now I have two ways. Either I go to the building or I go to the forrest again. I stopped playing here.

I think I'll explore the building first tomorrow, I need some ammo, I don't have shotgun ammo and I'm scared. Anyways, did I say how the atmosphere in this game is amazing? You hear birds and shit and it adds to that scary atmosphere. You just hear sounds which is making me scared af when entering somewhere.

9. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,413ლ
    I continued and went to the building first which was a good idea, since I got ammo and craftables and things. I killed some WLF guys and I finally went to the hospital. I sneak up on some ppl and I found Nora there and got the information that Abby was here. Nora said something interesting.

"How many people do you think died 'cause of him?" Nora who was a firefly before, knew that Joel took Ellie back when they were developing a cure. Nora tried to flee but Ellie wouldn't let that happen so Ellie captured her but got cornered by other WLF guys. Our only route is to fall down into the spores. Now that was brutal to be honest since Ellie didn't hesitate for a second and she basically jumped down with Nora (who didn't have a mask). Nora got infected and started coughing, she fleed, this is basically the end of her. I just hope she doesn't transform into some infected on steroids. WLF guys followed us down there but clickers were there as well and I made WLF guys fight the infected first again so I can clean up the rest... Killed the rest and went to find Nora again, wasn't hard since I heard her coughing all the time. I found her and Ellie is having no hesitatation to kill her. Ellie wants to squeeze as much informations as possible but Nora ain't no snitch...or so I thought. On my screen Ellie was killing her but after the screen cut, Ellie said Nora told her everything. Ellie went back to Dina and Jessie again. Ellie is shook and after Dina undressed Ellie, she is full of scars and wounds. I love Ellie. I am in the flashback again which happened 2 years ago. I assume I am in the hospital where fireflies were developing a cure with the help of Ellie.

BINGO! She found her papers and things what fireflies were writing about her. She also found a tape of someone, I guess that's Abby who's talking there. Ellie run a way from Jackson and Joel finally found her. Ellie finally confronted Joel to tell her the truth. Joel told her that creating the vaccine would kill Ellie. Ellie started crying and she was mad on Joel for some reason. This actually is a surprise to me since idk what Ellie wanted. Did she really wanted to die? Did she really want Joel to let her die? I don't think Joel wanted to lose someone again after he lost his daughter. Hmmm.

DAY 3.

Back in the present, Ellie got her wounds treated. I stopped playing here.

Ok soo...I am kinda confident that Abby is/was a firefly who wanted to get the revenge on Joel for taking Ellie and killing basically everyone in the hospital that day.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  10. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,413ლ
    We are going to the aquarium, Abby should be there. This time Jessie is coming with me and Dina is staying behind. Did I already say how having someone near you makes the game not as scary as it is? Even if it's UI, that sense of having someone near you makes you personally feel not as scared? Even in dark places where I would be pissing my pants I'm not scared since someone else is with me? That sense of someone is near you is really well done. Even with stalkers where I pissed my pants last time, I didn't even flinch when they sneaked up on me when Jessie was here. Great stuff.

I'm progressing in the story. I stopped playing when the cutscene ended of Ellie and Jessie going out of the building. Either I'm slow in playing or the game is very long, which I like. I feel like I've been playing for ages and I still don't see it end.

11. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,413ლ
    Ok on the way to aquarium I needed to kill some WLF guys to get a boat so I can travel by "sea". I did that, got the boat and went on a trip to aquarium. I go there, kill what's there to kill and...I find Owen and some girl. No Abby though. Ellie cornered both Owen and the girl but Owen isn't having non of it and Ellie kills both. Ellie is panicking since her only way of finding Abby is gone I guess. TOMMY AND JESSIE ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!! WOW? Totally not when I expected it >_>

Ellie promised Jessie they will go home after they find Tommy. Tommy and Jessie are trying to find the best way possible to get home. Tommy is going somewhere, probably to show us the gold he found. ABBY IS HERE!!!!!!!! WHAT THE ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESSIE GOT ONE SHOTTED. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESSIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Abby IS seeking for revenge. I thought so. **** MAN. Surely this isn't the end of the game? Sweet, an Abby flashback! Abby's dad was ready to kill Ellie but Marlene is having non of it. Abby's dad...**** you! LEAVE ELLIE ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUT happens, Joel already is killing the fireflies to get Ellie back. Joel kills Abby's dad and Abby finds that out. I'm still in flashback but I stopped playing there.

This is interesting, in the eyes of Ellie, what she is doing is justified. But also in the eyes of Abby, it's also justified. Joel killed Abby's dad and Abby is seeking for revenge, same how Ellie is seeking for revange for Joel's death. So far I like the story, I'm coming to the end of the story and I still don't know what the outrage is.

12. Yoru

Yoru Godly Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    6,321ლ
    The outrage (up to this point) is that the story revolves around a cliche concept that has been done to death and executed a million times better in other stories in a way that doesn't shit on beloved characters. There are other things like the misleading marketing campaign and other things you havent gotten to yet so I won't spoil.

Nice that you enjoy it tho.

13. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,413ლ
    Bruh if this is the outrage, the community is stupid then...sure Joel's death could have been "better" but it makes sense lol

So many crybabies nowadays. How da fuk is that an outrage. I guess people really are mad 'cause Joel died. It's not like that wasn't coming or something... When part 2 was announced everyone speculated that Joel will die in this one.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  14. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,413ლ
    Anyways...to my surprise I'm playing as Abby now. I was like why am I getting weapon and ability upgrade materials? Surely these won't count towards Ellies upgrades?

Yup. Game's definitelly trying to explain Abby's POV.

Abby's weapons suck. What's the point of that big rifle upgrade? Shoots 3 bullets which is not even needed lol. Defo not in a stealth based game. Wasted screws on it for no reason sigh..

Also...what's up with pregnant people going to "wars" lmao

DUDE...Abby is getting way too many upgrade materials WTF I can upgrade whatever I want with this many materials LOL

Welp Abby is on the way to find Owen, I totally forgot he killed Danny to save Ellie >_> or did he? Did I really miss this? Anyways I'm in a flashback...in a flashback. A double flashback. I stopped playing here.

15. Yoru

Yoru Godly Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    6,321ლ
    That's the thing. Everyone kinda felt he was gonna go but they did him dirty to the point that when the leaks happened everyone thought it was a joke. But keep playing, given how most people don't like Abby you'll find out in a couple of hours why the portion of the game you've started is heavily disliked.