1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
  2. Hey, Guest! Follow Sugoi Desu on FaceBook Here!
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Discussion [Review] Justice League - NO SPOILER

Discussion in 'TV, Movies & Sports' started by Marin, Nov 15, 2017.

1. ッCrimson Coding in Java

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,436ლ
    Yes their way of doing things is at fault. Warner bros needs to stop imposing scripts or ideas onto the staff. Give them enough time. I think they're panicking cause they want to pump out a good movie quickly so they can make good revenue and generate buzz but they fail every time.

upsurge likes this.
  2. ッCrimson Coding in Java

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,436ლ
    yes it's a real shame.

3. Marin Legendary Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    618ლ
    Just your usual example of a big corporation caring about quick profit more than integrity. Nothing really new here.

4. Ejibear Calamity

Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,945ლ
    WB still lose out to fox in that department, that F4 was the worst superhero movie I think has ever been made in the 21st century.

5. Marin Legendary Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    618ლ
    I
    Are you counting Catwoman and Batman & Robin? ^^

6. Tsunbear

Tsunbear Tentacle Taco +.+

Trophy Points
    Keno
    18,068ლ
    But when you compare their film quality between now and say 4 years ago there is a step up at least!

7. Ejibear Calamity

Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,945ლ
    Yup

8. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    190,153ლ
    I'll definitelly see it,hopefully it's good

9. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Kiss of Death

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,181ლ
    I'm planning on seeing it tomorrow. As long as the characters and action are good, I think I'll be satisfied.

10. upsurge God of Tea

Trophy Points
    Keno
    11,878ლ
    Also planning on seeing it tomorrow or day after tomorrow. I hope it's worth it.

11. Alter

Alter Prince of Destruction

Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,819,673ლ
    This isn't to excuse, per se, the overwhelming simplicity of the plot and progression of said plot, but there isn't that much of a need for an intricate plotline when it comes to the first line of team-up stories. It's not required in Justice League, the Avengers, or Guardians of the Galaxy, or any other form of team-up. You can either choose to forgive all 3 for "suffering" from this, or you can criticise them for it. That's a matter of preference and what you like in terms of the superhero experience. Having read and seen many iterations of the Justice League, simple storylines tend to work out better, since the characters are easier to delve into and juggle that way.

I agree with the clear lack of backstory given to the new cast of heroes, but its been put off in this movie in order to touch on the individual backgrounds in solo movies. I was pleased with how Aquaman and Flash were treated, I've always supported Jason Momoa as Arthur, since Aquaman needed to become much more distinct as a character for a long time in my eyes. While I didn't get as attached to Flash as I did Aquaman, his characterisation was satisfactory and they did wonderfully with his effects. Cyborg, as always, is the weak link in the Justice League since the New 52 added him to the roster. I've never really been a fan of him, so I don't think anything they can do can really convince me to like him. I would've preferred they went back to their roots and had Green Lantern or the Martian Manhunter as the 6th, but both will be entering the DCCU at some point down the line, so its a non-issue for me. Overall, I think that the writers have respected the characters very well, ever since Man of Steel (with the exception of Suicide Squad, which in general is a blight upon the existence of man). The music, is where things fell a bit short. I appreciate Elfman's efforts to incorporate the motifs of previous soundtracks into his work, but they sounded very bland and unmemorable. I would've preferred Junkie XL came to help him out, or if they threw a shitton more money at Zimmer to get him to come back, but it is what it is.

Overall, I'm happy with how this turned out. It was still the league I knew from the Justice League Animated Series I watched when I was younger, the league from the comic books, whilst also introducing different takes on the characters that are a breath of fresh air for the audience and the world that's being created. I think it's a bit unfortunate that Marvel's movies have created a large bias in the movie-going community that deviations from their often formulaic movies are criticised greatly. I don't dislike the tonal shift, it makes a lot of sense story-wise and I respect the writers for creating an atmosphere and tone that is consistent with the story being told in their movies thus far. Hopefully, with each new movie that releases the quality will continue to surpass self-set benchmarks and create more good experiences like this.

12. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Kiss of Death

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,181ლ
    Yeah just got back from seeing it myself, and I actually really enjoyed it.

13. Zealot Loud Facer

Trophy Points
    Keno
    33,065ლ
    I'm gonna see it today I think. Apprently there is an hour extra Synder cut, why does WB do this smh
    Anyway excited, audience seems to generally like it so thats all i'm concerned with

14. upsurge God of Tea

Trophy Points
    Keno
    11,878ლ
    So once again WB cuts out shit that aids in making sense of the overall story?

15. Marin Legendary Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    618ლ
    It was supposed to be a 2 part movie but was then reduced to a 3 hour movie and finally cut down to a 2 hour movie so as to catter to people who thought BvS was too long.