1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Anime Owarimonogatari Season 2

Discussion in 'Monogatari' started by Mahesvara, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    [​IMG]
    Currently airing.​

2. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    I'm having mixed feelings right now because Ougi Dark still has to come out tomorrow but after I've watched it, I really want to give these last three arcs a good old run down. Be prepared.

3. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    The Hitagi arc was amazing, that ending was very sweet, those two were just made for each other. Ougi really gives me bad vibes, you can't trust her, but you can't tell if she's lying either. So glad we got our Monogatari series back, Kizu had me itching for more.

4. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    Man what a way to end it, it was so satisfying seeing all of the pieces of the puzzle put together. Hard to believe this is the finale of the main monogatari series storyline,

5. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    Alrighty, so now that everything is over....

Gods, my hunch was actually right.

We've had everyone's secrets and truths exposed, but it really wasn't until the final part of Kizumonogatari that was got a glimpse of Araragi's. I've had my suspicions about the Ougi = Araragi reveal since probably Ougi Forumula but when the OP played for Ougi dark, I knew I had to be right.

ANYWAY.

Mayoi Hell was a really enjoyable arc to start off on. it picked up right we left off from in Koyomimonogatari, and it didn't disappoint. Being face to face with Mayoi again and the rebirth of the classic Sorry, I bot my tongue! gag was really welcome. I enjoyed that we got a little run down of some of the girls arcs, but more happy with getting more of Tadatsuru Teori on screen and having that explained and explored again. When it was time for Araragi to go, I really wanted to smack him for all the stuff he was saying (And hey, I guess that was foreshadowing.) and the little git almost made me cry when he left Mayoi there. Thank god he grabbed a hold of her and brought her back to the material world with him. Phew.

The scene with Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade here was hngggggggg.

Hitagi arc was pretty alright. I'm not too big of a fan of the pairing here (You'll see why later on) but this really just goes to show how well they are made for each other.

Ougi Dark is what I've been waiting for since Nadeko Medusa happened. Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade finally get her revenge on Ononoki for what happened in Tsukimonogatari, I could not have laughed harder. The final reveal was pretty nice, but Araragi finally ditching his selfless attitude for once and saving Ougi was nice to see. Meme coming back was really well-timed, I missed that fucker. Having him acknowledge Ougi as real was pretty damn nice, but considering that's the first selfish thing Araragi's done I suppose Meme should reward him somehow. (Meme has always had a problem with Araragi's selfless attitude in the past.)

The thing I have to love most is the deep affection and love that Araragi and Shinobu have for each other. For me, this trumps aaaaanyything that has to do with Senjougahara (though I have to admit it's pretty grown-up of her to accept Araragi and Shinobu as a package deal.)

As for after this..... I really hope they adapt Zokuowarimongatari. I can't wait.

6. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    Is Zokuowarimongatari like a sequel?

7. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    It's the last book in the series.

8. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    Oh so the main storyline isn't over yet?

9. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    Kind of. Think of it as a bonus, I suppose?

10. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    Ah awesome, we know its going to be adapted anyway.