1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
  2. Hey, Guest! Follow Sugoi Desu on FaceBook Here!
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

One Piece Manga Chapter 896 Discussion and 897 Predictions

Discussion in 'One Piece' started by Faint, Mar 2, 2018.

?

What do you rate this week's chapter?!

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    207,165ლ
    I take this back,I'm so unhappy Katakuri lost,such BS like really Oda? Katakuri was toying with Luffy whole arc and then Luffy go Snakeman and Katakuri loses in one chapter,barely 2 chapters? Really? Nonsense.

2. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    207,165ლ
    Ok I don't take that back since I remembered now that Katakuri injured himself to be on same grounding as Luffy lel

3. Faint

Faint finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    28,771ლ
    Pretty sure if it weren't for the lack of stamina, Katakuri would be fighting still. Same with Luffy. I know where you're coming from, if Oda didn't have Luffy curbstomped for so many chapters it would've been fine, it was bad writing. That's what happens though, imo he was basically written into a corner. But you're valid to say they were more back on even grounds after Katakuri poked himself, but what about all the damage Luffy took before that? But I suppose that's the same as Luffy vs Lucci then, he took so much of a beating but came on top. I guess Luffy is able to take damage well?

loj likes this.
  4. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    207,165ლ
    First of all I didn't come with this information,the info comes from sawyer7mage which is a nice piece of information and actually makes a lot of sense and could enlighten people and especially Katakuri lovers how Luffy won.

Leopard Kung Fu Style
    I'll break this down in 3 sections -

The goals of Leopard style are to:

- Develop muscle speed for external strength:
    Basically why Luffy went into his new mode called Snakemode;to enhance his speed and fast based attacks which hit hard.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

The primary weapon is the leopard fist, which can be likened to a half-opened fist. [​IMG]

- Teach patience:

A reason why Luffy stayed so long in his base form trying to wind Katakuri up and do as much as possible with no "powerups".He was patient enough and went G4 in most crucial moments.

- Use the leopard punch for penetration and lower body springing power:

"Leopard style techniques are geared towards single, two or three technique combinations that cause a lot of damage, disorientate or even blind the attacker. Blocking is wasted in Leopard - the style can be summed up with "Why block when you can hit?" It does not rely on rooted stances, and would only assume a stance while in attack in order to launch at the opponent. This hit and run technique of the leopard, something especially effective against larger opponents, is unique to the animal."

@bold - MOST IMPORTANT THINGS:
    G4 Snakeman form has bad defences.
    Katakuri is a "giant" compared to Luffy which could have expecially be seen in this panel:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Once again props to sawyer7mage with this information,I just put it on "paper" for people to see.

5. Faint

Faint finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    28,771ლ
    It's all well and good assuming oda actually applied it to this situation, but it still doesn't really do justice to all of the curbstomping luffy took to be fine. In retrospect Katakuri went down with like 5 actually connecting hits. xd

6. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    207,165ლ
    Well Luffy exploited the Katakuri wound in the last hit panel,I guess Luffy just can get hit hit and hit it's nothing new in the story as you mentioned Lucci fight where Luffy was getting beaten like crazy and in the end he gatling gunned Lucci...dunno,I guess the Gomu Gomu no can take punches I guess or something xd

Faint likes this.
  7. Faint

Faint finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    28,771ლ
    But that's meant to have been moot since Haki nullified it. xd I think this is simply the part where we stop applying anything but manga logic.

8. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    207,165ლ
    I guess his DF in general gives him better resistance since he is basically rubber,though again as you said Haki should remove the resistance xd Guess Luffy just can take hits in general :/ he is used to get beat up which could be 'cause Garp threw him in jungle as a kiddo xdddd

Faint likes this.
  9. Faint

Faint finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    28,771ლ
    Maybe one day it'll be said. XD

loj likes this.
  10. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    207,165ლ
    Interesting though he still needs 10 min to recover from using G4

11. Faint

Faint finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    28,771ლ
    I thought it's been less than that now? If not, he's not immobile, so there's some improvement.

12. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    207,165ლ
    check the chapters clock thingies,so basically you better use G4 and win XD

Faint likes this.
  13. Faint

Faint finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    28,771ლ