1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Discussion Haikyuu!! S3: Karasuno Koukou vs. Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by JoeJoe, Jul 31, 2020.

1. JoeJoe

JoeJoe from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    185,705ლ
    [​IMG]

Episodes: 10 | Source: Manga | Genres: Comedy, Sports, Drama, School, Shounen

Synopsis

After the victory against Aoba Jousai High, Karasuno High School, once called “a fallen powerhouse, a crow that can’t fly,” has finally reached the climax of the heated Spring tournament. Now, to advance to nationals, the Karasuno team has to defeat the powerhouse Shiratorizawa Academy. Karasuno’s greatest hurdle is their adversary’s ace, Wakatoshi Ushijima, the number one player in the Miyagi Prefecture, and one of the country’s top three aces.

Only the strongest team will make it to the national tournament. Since this match is the third-year players’ last chance to qualify for nationals, Karasuno has to use everything they learned during the training camp and prior matches to attain victory. Filled with restlessness and excitement, both teams are determined to come out on top in the third season of Haikyuu!!.

2. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    185,705ლ
    Episode 1.

I love the opening. Karasuno finally have more people cheering for them, they suck at it, no composition, all over the place but I totally see them all in sync when Karasuno gets momentum.

Ushijima is so badass.

5 sets, first to 3 wins. How do I see this ending up....I see Shiratorizawa taking first set and maybe second as well and then Karasuno making a comback and win 2-3.

My second guess is a standard Shirazorizawa win, Karasuno, Shira, Karasuno and then Karasuno to win it. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. LET'S GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

3. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    185,705ლ
    Episode 2.

Ushijima is a chad...**** me he is too strong. They gave Karasuno some beating in first set. 1-0 to Shiratorizawa. Hinata isn't having any luck spiking atm. I feel like it's too soon for Karasuno to beat Shiratorizawa if we look at it from the logical standpoint but this is an anime so there will be some weakness exposing I guess, or perfecting and learning mid playing.

Curious to see what will Hinata do.

4. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    185,705ლ
    Episode 3.

Mangaka is jacking off on Ushijima...okay dude we get it, he is the ultimate ace....I like Tsukki, he finally got the catch. Also that red haired guy is so annoying... It's 22-22 now, hopefully Karasuno takes this set.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  5. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    185,705ლ
    Episode 4.

Let's goooo!! 1-1 in sets. Tsukishima is so badass when he is thinking about blocking. The way he stopped Ushijima finally was great! They finally blocked one. More of this please!!

6. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    185,705ლ
    Episode 5.

2-1 to Shiratorizawa ofc, that set went fast, nothing major happened. 4th set is on and Hinata is flying!! Blocking, Spiking, running...WHOAA!! If Karasuno doesn't get this one it's gg.

7. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    185,705ლ
    Episode 6.

It's nice seeing Daichi, Asahi and Suga having a great team finally, they suffered enough. This victory would be for them.

Deuce again, Kageyama is exhausted af he barelly threw the ball to Hinata, luckily Hinata has great reflexes to get it "over the line". Tiredyama xDxDxD 2-2 in sets. Whoever wins next takes the cake. LET'S GOOOOOOOO!!!!!

8. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    185,705ლ
    Episode 7.

Didn't know 5th set is played untill 15. I totally expected untill 25 like all of them. You learn something new every day I guess xD

Suga is starting the last set as exected. I love how mangaka isn't making Kageyama perfect despite being a prodigy. He knows his weaknesses and he knows his strengths. Suga is actually doing well. Surprisingly very very well. Things are going right so far.

Just when things went wrong....Tsukishima injured his finger. He is out of the game for now. Narita replaces him, we barely seen anything from him and he was basically never playing if at all....I don't see this going in Karasuno favor. Tendo is some blocking monster. He stopped Suga's spike ajajaja this is not looking good for Karasuno.

Also good job for mangaka to not wank over main characters, Hinata and Kageyama are barely getting screen time despite being the focus of the anime. I love seeing others do well like Suga or Daichi. I love Daichi, he is the perfect captain!!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  9. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    185,705ლ
    Episode 8.

Oh well, oh well, oh well...Ushijima is human after all, he failed a serve poor from him xDxDxDxDxDxD

So Ushijima is annoyed by Hinata he he he when he speaks, everyone listens lmaooooo!! Norita actually got a point.

Yamaguchi with the clutch serves, his development is decent you know!

It's a deuce, how surprising, totally never expected it to be a deuce again.....

Shiratorizawa has a match point and ofc who's back? MA MAN TSUKISHIMA. I totally see him getting a point back for Karasuno now :D I'd love him to get a match winner. That would be nice for a change, though I can totally see it to be Hinata so Ushijima acknowledges him...if Karasuno wins that is, but they probably will.

Last two episodes for tomorrow!

10. Blazing Storm Godly Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    52,491ლ
    Joji don't open it unless you have watched final 2 episodes

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

JoeJoe likes this.
  11. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    185,705ლ
    Episode 9.

Tsuki is back in and he basically wins them the point. Karasuno is on match winning point. Hinata and others are barely standing at this point. Could this be the last shot of the game? Tsuki blocked and Hinata is up in the air and episode ends. Surely this is it?

I also noticed Ukai's voice actor, at first I thought maybe he got a cold but then I was 100% sure it was different VA. I google and..."original" voice actor died. I then also googled what his last line was and....mann life's unfair.

I love him so much. RIP you beautiful man. You've done an aboslutely wonderful job with Ukai's character. I love you to bits. I am not very fond of the new voice actor and I think Zoro's VA from One Piece would have been a better fit, but it doesn't matter.

12. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    185,705ლ
    Episode 10.

What a long series of point that was. Karasuno spike, Shira blocks, Shira spikes, Karasuno blocks, Karasuno spikes, Shira blocks, Shira spikes, Karasuno blocks and then Hinata finally scores. THEY WON!!!!! Idk why tears went out of my eyes for a second, but seeing Daichi, Asahi and Suga so happy, maaaan, I'm so happy for them after all they went through.

I also love how Ukai said that Tsukishima is the MVP of this match. It wasn't another OMG HINATA moment but it was rightfully so a Tsukishima moment.

Kageyama has been invited to All-Japan Youth Training Camp, I wonder how will that affect Hinata since he wasn't picked. I am so happy for Kageyama, he really deserves it.

Also I really don't want Kageyama to be split from Karasuno anytime soon. I can't imagine him in any other team.

I rate this season a 10/10. this was just an epic 10 episodes. 10 for 10. LET'S GO!

if this is regarding the VA, I've noticed :(

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020