1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
  2. Hey, Guest! Follow Sugoi Desu on FaceBook Here!
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Sports Floyd Mayweather vs Connor McGregor Discussion

Discussion in 'TV, Movies & Sports' started by Malagent, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Flakez Legendary Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    4,161ლ
    Conor was pretty much done after the first few rounds, I expected him to go all out at the beginning which was his only chance for a win. Actually surpised Mayweather went on the offense. He's the best defensive boxer in the world so how the match went was to be expected. I'm really sad I stayed up

2. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Kiss of Death

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,181ლ
    Good effort out of McGregor, he took one of the best boxers ever to 10 rounds in his first professional match. He might have had a better shot if he went for the knockout, instead of trying to play Floyd's game, he just didn't have the stamina. The score cards were rather close too, until the 10th round.

3. Flakez Legendary Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    4,161ლ
    He only lasted 10 because Floyd let him. Hell the judge was very lenient on Conor with all the hammer shots, he would've been disqualified had this been a regular match. Floyd didn't even play the way he usually plays, he didn't care about score because he outclasses Conor in every possible way. But at the end of the day this is more of a show than a match, and they delivered a decent show.

4. Kame Heaven's Feel

Trophy Points
    Keno
    4,656,168ლ
    It's not so much that, either. You can see Floyd is shot, from a mile away. Age caught up to him, and that's pretty normal. I think that's really why he came forward, and the main reason he took another fight was for the money, specifically what he'd be making here. This all in mind, who knows? Could Mayweather really have done what he usually does? Likely, but we will never know. He's 40, a younger Floyd would have killed Conor. I called this though and knew it would go exactly as it did.

5. BossTaku (bosstaku)

Trophy Points
    Keno
    29ლ
    Seemed staged. Decent fight. I give it a 7/10

I was rooting for McGregor to win and to humble Mayweather, but people told me I had unrealistic expectations. :\

At least it wasn't a hugging match or them throwing pillows at each other.