1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
  2. Hey, Guest! Follow Sugoi Desu on FaceBook Here!
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Sports Floyd Mayweather vs Connor McGregor Discussion

Discussion in 'TV, Movies & Sports' started by Malagent, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Malagent Newbie Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    4ლ
    This is practically a hype job, in a sense. I can see where this is all going and i'm p sure mayweather can't stand up to the power of the mystic MAC,

thing is, would this signify the end of an era? Would it kill boxing since mcgregor would have mayweathers head?

2. Kame Heaven's Feel

Trophy Points
    Keno
    4,656,168ლ
    That's a fairly biased assumption. It's Mcgregor, whom is stepping unto the world of boxing, where he's never once been. People tend to think or formulate these unrealistic thoughts that some MMA fighter will just go into boxing and beat the best fighter of the era, as if it's nothing. It's in fact a hype job, i'll give you that. Mcgregor, has a huge following, not on the level of Mayweather's, or say someone like Pacquiao/Canelo, but sure enough, he's a big name, and a far easier option in regards to boxing than the aforementioned names. It makes a whole lot of sense when you put it like that, considering just how much money he'll net for arguably the easiest fight on his resume. That all said, if the tables were turned, and Mayweather had stepped into the octagon, he'd have been murdered, but you see - he didn't. Good day~!

3. Ratchet Advanced Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,585ლ
    Well looks like this is confirmed for August 26th now.

Honestly I don't think it's a good thing for boxing. I fully expect Mayweather to win (though Skip did make some good points in McGregor's favour), probably on points too, and they'll walk away a hell of a lot richer and everyone following it a lot poorer (I say this as someone who will likely watch the fight). Boxing, particularly heavyweight boxing, is in real need of a big time player and this isn't going to deliver it.

4. Kame Heaven's Feel

Trophy Points
    Keno
    4,656,168ლ
    If and when Errol Spence faces Keith thurman, that fight will likely decide the leading star in boxing. That said, heavyweights currently have AJ, and with Fury on his way back - that fight could potentially, also, decide the face of boxing. Because, as much as i like the to admit it, Muricas own champ - Deontay wilder, only has a KO chance vs any of them.

As for Mayweather Vs Mcgregor, well, I expect it to be a one sided beatdown, potentially a stoppage, but if Mayweather couldn't even stop Berto, eh..... Who really knows. I joke around a lot with my dad that MC can land a one punch KO, but after seeing Mayweather take shots from Cotto, Mosley, Canelo, and so on, i don't see that happening. Mc is sure as hell not winning on points, unless Mayweather gets old over night tbh tbh.

O, Canelo Vs GGG will be great for boxing, so there's that.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  5. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    190,153ლ
    Ma boy Gregor =D

6. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Kiss of Death

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,181ლ
    Mcgregor will **** him up if he connects, but Mayweather will probably win.

7. Shanks Rockstar Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,699ლ
    Dont really watch boxing i know Muhammad Ali and Joe Frezier haha . Also i did watch Pacquino and Mayweather !! 0_0

8. -Punk- Newbie Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    48ლ
    This fight/match is gonna be funny AF lol

Kame likes this.
  9. Mazino

Mazino SD Analyst

recruiter
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    11ლ
    its gonna be funny if its one sided but I hope it isnt

10. Drewan Newbie Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    54ლ
    Well, it is an intense match. But I hope that McGregor will win.

11. Flakez Legendary Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    4,161ლ
    i hope this is sarcasm.

the match will be neither good or intense. Mayweather is arguably the best defensive boxer to ever step in the ring, McGregor has never boxed in his life, he won't even touch him. Mayweather will win by an unanimous decision. This match is pure hype and both will walk with ludicrous amount of money.

12. Drewan Newbie Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    54ლ
    Hahah, you got it.

I know that Mayweather is the main favorite to win the match and I'm sure McGregor accepted the challenge only for the huge amount of money. But if Mayweather will not run the whole fight, then there might be a chance for McGregor.

13. Flakez Legendary Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    4,161ლ
    Mayweather doesn't 'run'. His fights are boring to most people because he a defensive genius and knows how to score points, that won't change. McGregor is doing this so he can retire richer than he ever imagined. He'll make close to $100 million. I am willing to bet he'll never fight in the MMA again after this.

14. Drewan Newbie Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    54ლ
    Only the future will tell the truth.
    After the fight we will see what happens. StilI then I'd rather be quiet.

15. Zealot Loud Facer

Trophy Points
    Keno
    33,065ლ
    Lets be honest floyd is just gonna dip and duck the whole time cause Mac wont catch him and win. Then everyones gonna get mad. Clown hrs imo