1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

Discussion in 'Fan Club' started by Aeryn, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    I'm super interested in how they're going to handle Materia. Honestly, I'd like a mix of the old system, with something new on top.

2. uta93 stars in the rain

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,035ლ
    The latest trailer didn't show any of that, too bad. I think I saw the usual battle menu but Cloud moved more swiftly like a real-time battle in XV. Did I miss something?

3. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    It's probably going to work along the lines of Kingdom Hearts.

4. uta93 stars in the rain

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,035ლ
    I see. I personally love playing KH because it's fun back then in PS2. A less button smashing in the second game with reaction command, which is a good balance. Here's hoping they do the VII correctly or they will receive serious backlash. I'm one of the people who are not very impressed with XV, haha.

5. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    The problem with JRPG's these days is that they're slowly stepping away from the traditional turn based action to action-based and veteran players tend to dislike that. FFXV I've never minded - there has been worse battle systems in the history of Final Fantasy games, for for what XV is - what it has is pretty solid and works well with the game.

The FFVII remake.... I need to see more of it. I'm not opposed to it having action based elements, but it has to actually work well within the game and not feel like it was tacked on. FFXV is a pretty fluid and fun system, so I don't have that many doubts, but still...

6. uta93 stars in the rain

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,035ლ
    @Aeryn I agree. I may not be comfortable with XV's battle system, but it's actually a pretty good one. It's kind of expected for battle to get so real and active for a console as strong as PS4; I would probably laugh at the game if we still have a very basic turn-based system these days. I do think there are rooms for improvement. I spent the first few hours very confused about the system despite the tutorial. I didn't know that the block and parry button is supposed to be long-pressed instead of mad tapping, for example.

I also read a "new gameplay experience" announcement for XV. I wonder what it's all about.

Kame likes this.
  7. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    Turn based systems still work in the current gen experience, but it's now more about crafting a compelling experience and satisfying battle system to keep players hooked. Persona 5 is the king of examples here.

uta93 likes this.
  8. uta93 stars in the rain

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,035ლ
    I ditched the anime for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, lol. I redownloaded the game out of nowhere because I wanted to see if the game simply didn't click with me like it used to. And man, how wrong I was. I think I chose the wrong walkthrough to follow. My first try with the game was very confusing, I died so easily, I didn't know what I should do, and so on. It was too much information. But now I'm playing on full English and doing it in a pace I'm okay with. I find myself enjoying the game, appreciating the Schemata system, and enjoying the tough boss battles as usual.