1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
  2. Hey, Guest! Follow Sugoi Desu on FaceBook Here!
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Anime Fate/Extra Last Encore

Discussion in 'Fate' started by Mahesvara, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Majin Saber

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,255ლ
    [​IMG]
    Waking up in a strange virtual world with no recollection of the past, Hakuno finds himself forced to fight for survival in a war he does not understand for a prize beyond value; the opportunity to have one's wish granted. With only an enigmatic "Servant" by his side, Hakuno Kishinami will have to face both friends and foes in battles to the death in order to not only gain possession of a mysterious object known as the "Holy Grail," but also to find the answer to the most important question of all: "Who am I?"

2. Tsunbear

Tsunbear Tentacle Taco +.+

Trophy Points
    Keno
    18,538ლ
    I watched the first episode but me was really confused the whole time

3. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Majin Saber

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,255ლ
    Its going to be like that to begin with, especially if you've never played the Fate/Extra game. Plus even if you did play the game, this is suppose to be different as well, so not even they will know how things will play out.

As for me, I'm really intrigued so far and I like the mysterious atmosphere(like they shown both the female and male version of the MC in the first episode). I'm confused a bit as well, but I'm optimistic that my questions will eventually be answered since Shaft excels at telling these kinds of stories. Honestly, I don't think any other anime studio could animate and produce Fate/Extra as well as Shaft.

4. Tsunbear

Trophy Points
    Keno
    18,538ლ
    My biggest problem was with that bit where the guy was stumbling to the white light thingy after being shikebabed, wouldn't have it just been quicker to lay down and roll on your side?

5. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Majin Saber

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,255ლ
    That would have looked kind of stupid imo lol, plus people don't always think logically in high stress situations like that(the pain of being stabbed doesn't help at all).

6. Tsunbear

Trophy Points
    Keno
    18,538ლ
    It would have looked stupid but still!
    Un, but he was thinking logically enough to grab the sword!

7. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Majin Saber

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,255ლ
    That's just self preservation taking place lol

8. Tsunbear

Trophy Points
    Keno
    18,538ლ
    Truttthhhh

Mahesvara likes this.
  9. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Majin Saber

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,255ლ
    Second episode was better than the first, ah animated Umu and all her glory was a sight to behold. The fan service is actually very fitting to the series as Fate/Extra is the most fan servicey series in Fate. Shinji is the major lol, well at least he has good taste in security, what a man of cultural. Honestly I have no idea where this is going since its apparently going completely away from the game now and I like that actually. The popular theory is that Hakuno is the embodiment of hatred of the masters who have previously fallen in the grail war and what happens with him towards the end sort of supports this.

10. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Majin Saber

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,255ლ
    Well rip Shinji, you won't be missed. Drake on the other hand could have used more screentime. Lol Hakuno you dog, doing a mana transfer via kiss, Umu approved. Also Rin taking out 3 servants? Wot? My only real complaints are with the pacing and the fight between Nero and Drake was rather underwhelming visually, but it was an okay episode overall.

[​IMG]
    That foxy shrine maiden tease, our Mikon better show up soon!

11. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Majin Saber

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,255ლ
    Umu service is always good civilization. Plus Rani and Robin making their appearances was good too, I liked the tactics Robin and his Master are using, it'll make the fight more strategic at the final showdown. Also this episode basically confirms that Hakuno has been going through time loops.