1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

NEWS "Dragon Ball Super" Chiefs Hint At Anime's Future

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Mahesvara, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    This fall, there has been some tea-leaf-reading of Japanese home video release schedules that lead to speculation that the Dragon Ball Super anime will be ending in March 2018. Super's first series director, Kimitoshi Chioka, and current producer, Hiroyuki Sakurada, were recently at the Salón del Manga convention in Barcelona, and their comments suggested that a March ending might not be the case.

It does appear that the Tournament of Power arc will run through March, but other factors (ratings, merchandise sales, sponsor support) seem to be watched to determine whether Super runs beyond that. Series creator Akira Toriyama is said to have ideas for taking the story further, though whether it will link up to the end of the manga remains to be determined.

Choka and Sakurada did not have anything to say about the chatter concerning a 2018 movie.

More from Kimitoshi Chioka and Hiroyuki Sakurada can be read on Kanzenshuu

2. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    43,746ლ
    People basing it ending off of a home video release forecast are legitimately retarded. lol.

It's somewhat concerning to think this arc will go until then, that feels like it would be so dragged out. I wonder if a possible "super" movie would be a movie adaptation of the first tournament arc, or if it would be original. Either way, I think as long as ratings and sales are up, super will continue, but it could easily end unpredictably, but I don't see it with the creation of the Dragon Ball Room. Or even if "Super" ended, I would expect more anime things in general, whether spin-off, etc.

3. ッCrimson Coding in Java

Trophy Points
    Keno
    571ლ
    I don't want super to end any time soon. Please no .