1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Discussion Bleach 20th Anniversary Chapter

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Gobb, Aug 7, 2021.

?

What do you rate this chapter?!

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

100.0%
  1. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,922ლ
    upsurge likes this.
  2. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,922ლ
    Agreed, the designs are great, although Kubo always had cool designs.

The captains being sent to hell opens the doors to so many possibilities of new and returning characters. Seems like Bleach is back with a hell arc, that's sweet.

I really enjoyed this chapter. I think Kubo has done it right with the kids. It makes sense they're not the primary focus and all of the established characters we know and love aren't just sidelined. I wonder if the kids will actually get involved with fighting or not. I'm really keen for this arc assuming it happens. We still didn't see a lot of the characters too like Kisuke, Yoruichi, etc.

3. Inky Otter with a dark side

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,781ლ
    His designs are always spot on.

It sure does also not just the captains but Espada, and Quincy perhaps as well. We already know at least one Espada is there odds are others are too. The Quincy are a bit of a question mark since we have nothing to go on.

Maybe this is closer to what he was imagining with the Hell Arc when the movie was being made.

Now we just need to hope that we get more chapters this seems like see how people respond to it and if it does well, more chapters.

This was better than I was expecting, I was thinking we get some kind of soul based ritual, meet some old and new characters and it be mostly a resolution. I did not expect this. I am hopong this does well I want more.

Gobb likes this.
  4. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,922ლ
    Yeah, there's so much potential.

I'd imagine so, or maybe the movie was of some inspiration.

Yeah, for sure. I love that it was left open to possible further serialization.

That's what I thought too, I was expecting like a once and done villain if any at all.

5. Blazing Storm

Blazing Storm Godly Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    64,489ლ
    Is this Hellverse max pro

6. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,922ლ
    yes

7. Inky Otter with a dark side

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,781ლ
    Let's assume we are getting a new arc. Here are some of my hopes

1. I want the villains to have a smaller core set of characters than in the TYBW while yes many of the Quincy were cool in design and function there was just too many of them to the point only a few really stood out either because of power or personality. Make them closer to the Espada, with underlings and such.
    2. Power Levels don't become absurd for the most part. Give side characters more of a chance to show off rather than just get bodied. I do accept if somewhere with some of the characters it gets pretty absurd but not everyone good or bad guys.
    3. Give the kids character growth without having them damper on the other characters or just be in the way all the time.
    4. Let previous groups do more stuff than they did during the TYBW. Nel, Grimjow, Haribel, The Fullbringers, and some of the surviving Quincy getting some focus would be cool see how they have developed since the end of the last arc. The Espada especially since their former comrades are likely in hell.
    5. This is more of just for us to bloody know, give us a glimpse at least of unseen Shikai and Bankai.
    6. For it to just be enjoyable, for the second most part each arc had been. But this is by far the most important if no matter what happens if it isn't enjoyable then there is no real point to read it.
    7. For Kubo to enjoy working on it. This is most important I rather him enjoy his work.

upsurge and Gobb like this.
  8. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,922ლ
    Basically, keep the cast relatively small (just a bit bigger than what we've just had this chapter, just throwing in some extras and the antagonists would be a good size). This c an help with basically all of your points.

upsurge likes this.
  9. Inky Otter with a dark side

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,781ლ
    More or less. I want to keep more characters relevant the issue with the TYBW it seemed for a while that there was a new character(s) being introduced every chapter or so. Makes it hard to give time to some established yet less utilized characters when you have to juggle time with the new characters, and the fan favourites.

upsurge and Gobb like this.
  10. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,922ლ
    Yup. It's the same issue one piece runs into a lot. Too many characters that are hard to keep track of or it just makes you care less about them all.

upsurge and Inky like this.
  11. upsurge God of Tea

Trophy Points
    Keno
    3,379ლ
    I have yet to read it.

Will do so after I get back from work.

From what I've seen of the scans though, shit seems to be good.

Gobb likes this.
  12. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,922ლ
    Yeah, it was enjoyable and left me wanting more lol

upsurge likes this.
  13. upsurge God of Tea

Trophy Points
    Keno
    3,379ლ
    And you'll be getting a whole arc, whore.

Gobb likes this.
  14. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,922ლ
    And that's a good thing :lewd

15. Inky Otter with a dark side

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,781ლ
    You know this whole ceremony thing they do makes you wonder what they did for Gin and Tosen. They were captains sure they were traitors but they would fall into the Reii of grade 3 or higher.
    Tosen for sure died in Soul Society since he was killed in the Fake Karakura town. Gin died in the world of the living so maybe it be different in his case.

Gobb likes this.