1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Discussion Anime Strike & Netflix: The Elephants in the Room

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussion' started by Mahesvara, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ

I hope Netflix and AnimeFix this line of thinking tbh, this just encourages piracy, which is bad for their business too.​

2. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    To be honest, I don't think it's entirely at the behest of Netflix to adopt the episode per week scheme. I'm pretty sure according to their statistics and general user feedback, people tend to lean towards watching something when some - if not all - the content is ready to stream on demand.

That being said.... it has actually been done. Scream was release on a week by week basis whilst it also aired on MTV (I think?) but that wasn't much of a popular series in my eyes. It also makes me lean towards the belief that the control of such a scheme of kind of out of the hand of Netflix too - perhaps it easier to obtain the right for a full season inside of per episode?

3. Glowbeary Tentacle Taco +.+

Trophy Points
    Keno
    14,542ლ
    I don't quite understand what's so great about releasing an anime weekly anyway if they have the choice not to?

4. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    It gives people a means to support the Anime Industry without being forced to pirate.

5. Glowbeary Tentacle Taco +.+

Trophy Points
    Keno
    14,542ლ
    Musings how come?

6. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    Because most anime fans like to watch anime as soon as it airs (Like the majority of this forum) and pirate to do so. Whether it's by torrenting or from anime streaming sites that do not have permission to stream that content in the first place.

7. Glowbeary Tentacle Taco +.+

Trophy Points
    Keno
    14,542ლ
    Musings i get that bit but what does that have to do with netflix and so on?

8. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    If studios come to an agreement with Netflix and other streaming services - people would not be forced to pirate to watch anime.

9. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    43,746ლ
    It's sad to think the studios get hardly any money from legal streaming rights and don't even get that much from home video release sales. Merch they specifically make is what they get the most of, but I suppose quantities of home releases, etc, would help close the gap somewhat. If only studios could into the whole crowdfunding meme, that'd be better for them imo.

Aeryn likes this.
  10. Glowbeary Tentacle Taco +.+

Trophy Points
    Keno
    14,542ლ
    Exactly!